Tuesday, July 28

The 'Boy You Looked So Good I Could Have...' PlayList

I’ve been laying back and daydreaming this summer away. Sometimes I get caught up in the eye candy – in all the guys I’m not allowed to touch. I'd like to pretend that these things never cross my mind, that I'm just as gentle and harmless as a fly. But the hot & bothered look is getting harder to disguise. I’m trying really hard to be good. This is my summer of no casual hookups…my quest for more soul searching and less lip locking, less fondling, less nibbles on the neck, less sitting on the sofa so close that I can smell the soap off your just showered body.
I chew gum when I’m anxious or antsy and looking for something to do other than what I shouldn’t be doing. Needless to say I’ve been chewing a whole lot of gum since June.

This weekend I was at a block party that was full of good music and good vibes. Not to mention, some very tasty looking guys. And you know me – they walk by, the soundtrack in my head starts thumping and I start molesting people with my mind. What can I say, it was a hot and sultry day flowing freely with tunes and libations. Since I was a perfect lady and went through an entire pack of Orbit while keeping my hands to myself I’d like to release my frustration and post my ‘take me’ music here. What I love is how every guy brings a different song and a different vibe.

So enjoy my, “boy you looked so good I could have had you…
up against the wall,
down on the curb,
during the second set of that band,
while you were playing guitar,
sitting in that chair,
on that stoop,
on the rooftop,
as you were pushing that last bite of food into that lovely little mouth of yours” playlist.




10 comments:

jerrod said...

Philly isn't that far away, is it?

JenJen said...

holy hell and hot damn!

Politics of Love Chick said...

Jerrod - I can see you're not intent on helping me be good ;)

JJ - What?! What did I say? lol.

Kaibee said...

Huh!!! Well the post was super good!!! Entertaining!

Politics of Love Chick said...

Oh no, Kaibee...you're going to get me in trouble for corrupting a minor. LOL

Thanks for the comments.
shhhhh on where you heard this from.

Alyson said...

Unfortunately I can't listen to your playlist right now...

but I know exactly what you're talking about.

Except usually, I just give in and stop trying to behave.

Jeff said...

how does that entire title fit into your ipod?

captcha word: homperde. for some reason i think this made up word sounds dirty.

achoiceofweapons said...

Very cool post! Now, I need a cigarette just imagining you having me like that! 8-)

The Redhead Riter said...

for you...

http://theredheadriter.blogspot.com/2009/08/secrets-friends-and-sharing.html

Politics of Love Chick said...

OWO -are you trying to put thoughts in my head. lol

Jeff-made up words deserve made up definitions ;)

MJ-hmmm, but I barely know you... lol

RR thanks :)